Table of Contents
- What is DataShop?
- Getting Data In
- Accessing DataShop
- Project / Dataset Administration
- Citing DataShop and Datasets
- Filtering Data
- Export: Getting Data Out
- Using Other Tools
- Contact Us
The step list table describes all problems in a dataset. It provides a detailed listing of problem hierarchy (the unit and section divisions that contain the problem) and composition (the steps that make up a problem). Rows in the step list table are ordered alphabetically by problem hierarchy, problem name, and problem step.
The column headings are described in detail below.
- Problem Hierarchy
- The curriculum location in which the problem appears. The depth of the hierarchy can
vary between datasets. For example, some datasets specify only a unit and section curriculum,
while others specify a module, unit, and section. In terms of the DataShop logging format, the
"problem hierarchy" is the list of
namevalues contained in the dataset
levelelement of each context message. (See the context_message element in the Tutor Message guide for a description of how this data is logged).
- Problem Name
- The name of the problem.
- Step Name
- The name of the step within the problem, described as a interface selection and action. Multiple steps commonly appear within a problem.
To export the step list table:
- Click the Export Step List button. Your browser will prompt you to select a folder in which to save the file.
- Choose a location to save the file. The file is saved as a tab-delimited text file, which you can open in a spreadsheet editor.