Effective January 16, 2012
By using the DataShop web application or web services, or by downloading
- Data is for research purposes, not commercial purposes.
- You will not make any attempts to de-anonymize the data.
- DataShop makes no guarantees about the data in terms of quality or future
- You will not distribute data obtained from DataShop. If you are
collaborating with others who require access to the data, they must
establish accounts with DataShop and agree to these terms.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Carnegie Mellon University, the
Pittsburgh Science of Learning Center (PSLC), and DataShop of and from any
and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, damage, lawsuits,
judgments, including attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or relating
to your use and analysis of the data.
- You will not attempt to modify or create a dataset with information that
- Data/files uploaded must be educational in nature for the purposes of
- DataShop is not responsible for any content uploaded by its users.
- You may only upload content that is not subject to any copyright, or
content in which the author has given express authorization for
distribution on the Web. Any copyrighted content distributed with the
consent of a copyright owner should contain a phrase such as "Copyright,
owned by [name of owner]; used by permission." If publishing an academic
article, check with the publisher to see what kind of redistribution they
allow. In many cases, the author of a work may only distribute a pre-print
version of the article on the Web or in an open repository such as
- The DataShop team maintains the right to ban users or IP addresses at the
team's discretion, for instance, if a user violates any of these terms.