Table of Contents
- What is DataShop?
- Getting Data In
- Accessing DataShop
- Project / Dataset Administration
- Citing DataShop and Datasets
- Filtering Data
- Export: Getting Data Out
- Using Other Tools
- Contact Us
Creating new datasets from existing samples
A new dataset can be created from an existing sample if the user has permissions to do so. Requesting these permissions can be done by contacting DataShop directly or via the web request form. To create a dataset, go to the Samples subtab of the Dataset Info page and click on the Save as Dataset icon next to any sample. Creating a dataset from an existing sample will place the new dataset into the same project as the source dataset, thus, inheriting the same permissions, IRB attributes, Principal Investigator, and Data Provider as the parent project.
The general process for creating a new dataset from an existing sample is to:
- Choose a unique name for the new dataset
- Decide whether or not to include user-created KC models in your new dataset. If you choose to include them, they will be copied to the new dataset. If you choose to exclude them, your new dataset will still contain the 'default' KC model, if one was included in the original data.
- Save the Dataset
- Your new dataset will be added to the Import Queue. The system will send an email once the new dataset has been loaded.
Samples used to create new datasets are limited to 250,000 transactions. Please contact DataShop help (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you feel that you require a larger limit for this feature.